Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Spending money on USELESS THINGS are not part of MY core values.



At first one is drawn into the visual appeal and aesthetics of this what with the use of interesting text and music. Very eastern, very Buddhist. Or so it wants you to believe. I, again, am disgusted. I respect the cinematography of the ad, I do, but it's just that this is an ADVERTISEMENT. This is for a huge industry, for superficiality. What I'm disgusted at is the attempt to gain credibility and trust of an audience with the inappropriate usage of these settings, music, typography, and ideals in general.

buying expensive luggage will not enlighten you.
buying expensive luggage will not assist in your journey.
buying expensive useless things will not bring you peace.

In the end I'm just fed up with these misleading advertisements that many people so easily accept. I have a serious problem with this ad because there is nothing ZEN about SPENDING ALL OF YOUR MONEY for SOMETHING YOU DON'T NEED. I mean a pair of LV earrings are what? Two hundred something dollars? I mean, really.

1 comment: